2018 Dates/Schedule of Events
Fish days for the three Leg events will be Saturday only with Sunday being an alternate fish day due to weather. Fish days for the Championship will be Saturday with Friday or Sunday being alternate fish days due to weather. See cancellation and refunds for alternate date and payout criteria.
Leg 1: 7/20-7/22
Leg 2: 9/7-9/9
Leg 3: 10/12-10/14
(Alternate Date: 11/2-11/4)
No alternate for Championship. Will be attempted on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. If unsuccessful, see championship payouts.
The organizational meeting for Captains will be held on Fridays, prior to scheduled fish day at 7:00 pm at The Boathouse at Front Street Village. Meal will also be served starting at 6:00 pm. Though not mandatory please make arrangements to attend or have representation for your team.
- On tournament day, competition hours are 6:30 am until 5:00 pm. Check out hours may change due to safe light.
- Boundaries: All boats must remain within boundaries during fishing hours. All boats also must remain within the boundaries while catching bait. Boundaries are bordered on the north by a straight line through Diamond Shoals. These waters will be bordered on the south by a straight line through the Frying Pan Shoals.
- Check-Out: We plan to have a check-out boat with flag opposite side of channel from Morehead City port wall on the eastern side of no wake zone, just inside no wake zone. Once check-out is completed, the entrant can proceed off-shore. Entrants must check-out in order to be eligible for competition that particular day. Check-out will be manned from 6:30am until 8:30am; boats checking out after 8:30 am must do so with designated officials at weigh-in location at The Boathouse at Front Street Village. It is the responsibility of the entrant to see that visual check-out in order to be eligible for competition that particular day.
- Two or more boats congregating during competition hours shall be disqualified from competition that particular day. Emergency exceptions to this rule must be approved by radio or phone contact with the tournament committee in advance.
- All boats must observe no-wake zones or be disqualified from competition that particular day.
- No fishing lines or hand lines may be in water prior to checkout of tournament day.
The awards ceremony for each Leg event will be held at 7pm following the weigh-in of the scheduled fishing day at The Boathouse at Front Street Village. The awards ceremony for the Championship will be announced at the Championship captains meeting.
- Bud Light
- The Boathouse
- Starling Marine
- Morehead Builders Supply
- Tudor’s Insurance Agency
- Precision Walls
- New Vision Metal Works
- Cecil Holcomb Demolition
- Amp’d Engineering