Payouts & Prizes
|60 Boats (2021 Payouts)|
Junior, Senior, and Lady Angler Awards:
Each Leg Event:
1st Place - $250
2nd Place - $150
3rd Place - $100
1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $300
3rd Place - $200
Junior Angler must be under the age of 16 prior to the first Leg event.
Senior Angler must be 60 years of age prior to the tournament date fished.
60 points will be awarded for the winning fish, with 59 for 2nd, 58 for 3rd, etc.
* Points only awarded with weight credit
New for 2021
This year we will have rankings for the Junior, Lady, and Senior angler classes and award the top participant at the end of the year as Angler of the Year. Note that this will be in addition to our normal prizes for Leg events.
How it works
1. At the beginning of the year the captain shall designate the Junior, Lady, and Senior Anglers. More than one angler in each class may be listed however only one is required to be on the boat to receive points for a specific tournament. Rankings will be listed by Boat Name followed by name(s) of the Junior, Lady, or Senior Angler(s).
2. At the beginning of each tournament the team will designate the Junior, Lady and Senior anglers fishing. Based on the number of boats entered in each class, points will be awarded for each tournament. For example, the top placing boat will receive 50 points, 2nd place 49 points, etc., regardless of how many teams participate.
3. At the end of the year, the points leader in each class will be the Angler of the Year and receive a trophy and $1,000 cash. Second and third place will receive a plaque and $250 cash.
Team Of The Year
At the end of each year we will recognize the Team of the Year for each Division based on the highest total of points from the best two Legs plus the Championship points. The Team of the Year will check out 1st at all Leg events in the following season.
The Power Rankings will be based on a cumulative 3 year rolling accumulation of points. So points earned in 2018 were added to 2017 and 2016 points for your total points. In 2019 and future years, points from the earliest year will be dropped as new points are accumulated. For example points from the first Leg in 2019 will be added and the first qualifying points Leg (regardless of which Leg) in 2016 will be dropped. The Power Rankings are based on your points from the highest 2 Legs each year plus points for the Championship. Championship points are awarded in the same manner as Leg points, adjusted for the number of teams competing. For example in 2018, 30 teams qualified for the Championship so points were awarded based on 30 points for 1st Place, 29 points for 2nd place, etc. As an added bonus the Team leading the Power Rankings coming into each Leg event will check out 2nd behind the prior year Team of the Year who will check out 1st at all Leg events.
For the South Division the Power Rankings will begin to accumulate in 2019 as outlined above.
The championship will take the top 30 boats in the point standings from each Division (Total 60 Boats) depending on entries). A cumulative of the 2 highest finishes of the 3 tournaments will set the standings for the championship. In the event only 2 tournaments are fished BOTH finishes will be counted. If only 1 event can be fished then that single finish will set the standings.
* A win in any regular season event will be an automatic qualifier for the championship. If the “automatic qualifier” did not already qualify based on points, this will be in addition to the normal qualifiers.
* In the event there is a tie in the points that make up the top 30 qualifiers in each Division for the championship, the team with the single heaviest fish weighed will fill that spot where tie has taken place. The other team will fill the next spot and so on.
* If a boat qualifies in both the North and South Division, this will reduce the overall field for the Championship. For example if 5 boats qualify in both divisions the Championship will have 55 boats competing.
Optional Entry Prizes
Shootout Quick Draw
The Shootout Quick Draw will consist of 2 cash drawings drawn at Captains Meeting. This will only be open to the registered teams in the series. An entry may only win one drawing.
Entry: $50.00 (Cash Only)
Drawing 1: $1,250.00
Drawing 2: $1,250.00
(Based on 60 Entries)
The Big Daddy will pay for the largest king mackerel weighed of the 3 regular season events. To be eligible entry must be paid by the first captain’s meeting.
Pays: 1. (100%)
The Heavy 5 will pay top 5 king mackerel weighed in each event. Tournament Series will retain 10% from this TWT.
Entry: $1,000.00 (per event)
Double Barrel Top 5
The Double Barrel Top 5 will pay top 5 two fish aggregate in each event. Tournament Series will retain 10% from this TWT.
Entry: $1,000.00 (per event)
Potlicker - Winner Take All
The Potlicker Winner Take All pays 100% to the largest king mackerel weighed in each event. Tournament Series will retain 10% from this TWT.
Entry: $1,000 (per event)
Pays: 1. (100%)
Team Up (Included in Entry)
Team Up will consist of 12 teams, Teams 1-12 made up of 5 individual fishing teams. The 12 teams are set up by the lottery check out position/number drawn at captains meeting. How the 12 teams are set up will stay the same throughout the series, but the individual fishing teams on those teams will change according to check out position. The team with the largest Aggregate weight will be the winner.
Entry: $100.00 (per event - included in entry)
Pays: $6,000.00 - top 5 teams ($1,200.00 per team)
Format as follows: (numbers under team are checkout numbers)
|Team 1||Team 2||Team 3||Team 4||Team 5||Team 6||Team 7||Team 8||Team 9||Team 10||Team 11||Team 12|
|Team 1||Team 2||Team 3||Team 4||Team 5||Team 6|
|Team 7||Team 8||Team 9||Team 10||Team 11||Team 12|
- Tudor’s Insurance Agency
- Cecil Holcomb Demolition
- Henry’s Muffler Shop
- Amp’d Engineering
- Canady’s Termite & Pest Control
- Guy C. Lee Building Materials
- Long Bay Fishing Company
- BlueCoast Realty Corp.
- Tow Boat U.S.
- Medlin & Dorman Hardware
- Ocean Tamer
- Stephenson Heating & Air Conditioning
- Reel Outdoors
- Blue Water Candy Lures
- King Mackerel Tackle
- Morada Cast Nets by Betts
- Tractor Country
- North State Acceptance
- Hilton’s Realtime Navigator
- ENC Mahindra
- Clean Green
- Fish Hard Gear
- Island Tackle & Hardware